From my daily browsing and reading time, I selected ten links that I found interesting both in the cultural and digital realms (and at their intersection). As you will see, the subjects vary from Sundance, to Rihanna, to the Future of Love. This is a weekly feature. I hope you enjoy it.
- The End of the Zoom Boom
Zoom was a pandemic star. It’s the latest tech company to find that status isn’t sustainable.
- Frieze Los Angeles 2023: nine shows we’re most excited about
As anticipation builds for Frieze Los Angeles 2023 (16 – 19 February 2023), we spotlight the most exciting shows to see under the California sun
- OMA creates “stage for storytelling” for Dior exhibition in Tokyo
A pyramidal staircase and delicate washi accents feature in the Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams exhibition created by Shohei Shigematsu to explore connections between the fashion house and Japan.
- ‘It’s Now or Never’: The Rijksmuseum’s Hotly Anticipated Blockbuster Vermeer Show Is Finally Here—and It’s Unmissable
More than 200,000 tickets have already been sold ahead of the show’s opening on Friday.
- Architektura draws on “children’s spontaneity” for Větrník Kindergarten in Czech Republic
Brightly coloured volumes and angular forms characterise this nursery in the Czech Republic, which was designed by Czech studio Architektura to echo childhood playfulness.
- Venice Architecture Biennale 2023: who, when, and what to look forward to
As we start gearing up for the Venice Architecture Biennale 2023, we explore what’s in store for visitors at the world’s famous celebration of building design
- The Women Who Dominated This Year’s Sundance
At this year’s Sundance International Film Festival, more than half the feature-length movies were made by directors who identify as women.
- Rihanna’s Super Bowl halftime show: behind the scenes of the stage design
Rihanna’s Super Bowl halftime show designer Willo Perron takes us behind the scenes of his stage design
- Pharrell Williams appointed creative director of menswear at Louis Vuitton
American producer Pharrell Williams has been named creative director of menswear at French fashion house Louis Vuitton, a position held by Virgil Abloh before his death.
- The Future of Love
Inverse dives deep into the cutting edge science of pleasure, sex, and human connection — whether in virtual reality, the real world, or even space.
If, during your travels through the Wild Wild Web you find a link that catches your attention, let me know. I’ll take a look and, if I also find it interesting, it will make the following week’s list.
Image credit: John W. McDonough/Sports Illustrated via Getty Images
Leave A Comment